Electro Terminal is the leading specialist for innovative connection technologies in the areas of lighting applications, the household appliance industry and building installation. "Better connections" has been around for over five decades - with customers in more than 60 countries. They benefit from specific, customized solutions and production at the highest quality level.
CANCOM Austria emerged from K-Businesscom (formerly Kapsch BusinessCom) at the beginning of 2024. The following case study was written before that and therefore the text was left in the original version.
The production processes at Electro Terminal are time-consuming and complex. Set-up procedures on machines, maintenance and troubleshooting require a great deal of knowledge and a high level of training. The existing systems (QM system, ERP) are not suitable for the detailed documentation of individual steps in production. Employees write down their training individually and therefore no central knowledge management system is established.
The video-based knowledge management software displays information in a context-specific manner, reduces language barriers and records all operating actions in a comprehensible manner.
EVOASSIST digital assistance system:
- Mobile knowledge management platform for smart glasses, smartphones and tablets
- Photo and video instructions for work processes
- *Intuitive preparation of knowledge
- Context-specific access to content (instructions, system files, etc.) via QR code
- Seamless knowledge transfer directly in production
- Sustainable, immediately and reliably available documentation of know-how
- Very easy to use
- Flexible application options
- Significant time savings
- Higher process efficiency
We received perfect support throughout, and the application is really easy to use. With EVOASSIST, the documentation of our machines and our MES works in practice. Instructions were available in all areas within a short space of time. We were also impressed by the fact that we were able to test the solution with a PoC.