Viennese playing card factory Ferd. Piatnik & Sons
WienerSpielkartenfabrikFerd. Piatnik & Söhne?
From legendary card manufacturer to modern games publisher: with 114 employees and sales subsidiaries in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary and the USA, Piatnik is Austria's largest games publisher. Piatnik classics such as Halma, DKT, but also innovations such as Activity, Agent Undercover, Quibble and Pacal's Rocket are available in 72 countries worldwide.
CANCOM Austria emerged from K-Businesscom (formerly Kapsch BusinessCom) at the beginning of 2024. The following case study was written before that and therefore the text was left in the original version.
At the start of the project, Piatnik's corporate IT was outdated. Infrastructures, hardware and software were far removed from a future-oriented IT system equipped for the digital world. The result: slow work processes, difficult internal coordination, no focus on IT security. One problem during project implementation was the many generational leaps from the old IT infrastructure to the latest versions.
- Inventory and analysis of the current situation
- Security audit
- Design and implementation of a new IT infrastructure
- Current versions of hardware and software
- Planning, conception, roll-out, project management
- Managed services 24/7 - 2nd and 3rd level support
- Monitoring platform
- SLA (Service Level Agreement) reporting
- Two redundant HPE servers of the latest generation with Microsoft 365, so that if one server fails, the other automatically takes over. Network HPE switches. Virtualization via VMware
- Back up Veem Enterprise 1 x daily and 30 days retention points.
- HPE storage with SSD area for Navision.
- Hardware protection through an uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
- Firewall and antivirus solutions from Palo Alto Networks
- IT infrastructure protected against cyber attacks
- Efficient and smooth business processes
- Comprehensive services and support
We chose KBC as our solution partner for a very simple reason: Because KBC is an Austrian and long-established family business. That was an important criterion for us, both emotionally and rationally. I think it's good that our employees were and are closely involved in the project right from the start. We are extremely satisfied with the result of the collaboration, a good decision.